This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will use it and treat it. By providing us with your personal information and using our services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of EU Regulation 2016/679 (the EU General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter referred to in this policy as the “GDPR”, the Data Controller is: The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited, 115 Omonoias Avenue, Paroutis Building, 2nd & 3rd Floors, Limassol, 3045, Cyprus (hereinafter the “The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited”).
Application of this Policy
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling our client forms, documentation or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you choose to use our services and/or become an affiliate to The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited, participate in any company organized event and when you send any information to us under any capacity. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description and photograph. When you visit our website (hereinafter referred to as “the Site”) we collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL).
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the services we provide and/or from other affiliates and/or professionals. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
In this Policy, the term “personal data” means any information or combination of information that could be used to identify a living individual.
What information do we collect?
- We collect and process various items of information that you provide to us. These may include:
- personal contact details such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- your preferences regarding information and events;
- your personal and/or employment history, specialties and experience;
- your social media accounts and related links;
- your connections with other companies within The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited network.
- We may collect information from other sources in order to ensure that your personal information is accurate and kept up to date. This data may be combined with other information that we collect and use for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We may also collect certain types of information automatically, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit the Site, pages viewed and activities at the Site.
- This information is collected directly from you, as well as through third parties that you have authorized to provide such information.
How do we use your personal data?
- We may use your personal data for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide services that you request;
- to communicate with you;
- to deliver information about us and the work we do, as well as about other members of the Cyprus Shipping Company Limited network;
- to improve our websites and services;
- and for other legitimate business purposes explained below.
- We may send you marketing emails on topics which we think may be of interest to you. We will always offer you an “opt-out” option, which you may use at any time you wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us.
To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We may disclose your information:
- to other companies connected with us; and
- to companies we have engaged to provide services on our behalf, under conditions of confidentiality.
We may also need to disclose your information for the following purposes:
- to comply with the law or respond to lawful requests from government or regulatory agencies;
- where we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of our staff, customers or the public.
How long we store your personal data?
We retain and store your personal data only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies. We will normally delete your data within one year of your last use of the Site or (if later) the last date when we send you information which we think is of interest to you.
Where we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we may have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right of rectification of inaccurate data;
- The right of erasure of your personal data where there is no longer any legitimate basis for processing it (sometimes known as the “right to be forgotten”); and
- (in the circumstances provided for in applicable law) the right to restrict processing, object to processing, and the right to data portability.
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- You have the right to lodge complaints about the processing of your personal data with a data protection supervisory authority in the EU.
Changes to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time, so please visit this page periodically and review the Policy for changes.
How can you contact us?
You may contact us at the address shown above, or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies within The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited network make information available on this site for information purposes only. No liability of any kind is accepted to users of the site.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that information on the site is correct and updated, we do not warrant its accuracy and completeness. We may make changes to the material on this site at any time without notice (including to these terms and conditions). You should take appropriate steps to verify any information before acting on it.
The services and information on this site should not be deemed to constitute financial advice for investment or trading purposes or an offer or invitation to sell investments in any jurisdiction.
We sometimes provide links to other websites (including those of our contractual partners). If you use links to third party websites on this website you will leave this website. We do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Materials on this website may only be reproduced in their entirety (without modification) for the individual reader’s personal and/or educational use and must include this notice.
The Cyprus Shipping Company Limited is a Limited Liability Company registered with the Registrar of Companies.